Saturday, March 05, 2005

trying

trying harder, pulling your socks up, having another shot,
striiiiiiiiving,
struggling, knuckling down, exerting yourself, working at it, joining in, doing more,

or not...but how?

maybe resting, maybe expecting less, maybe taking time, maybe play, maybe feeling useless, maybe loving,
maybe loving some more,
giving, maybe being silent, maybe waiting to speak, maybe never speaking,
maybe being misunderstood,
but maybe unfair on those who are trying differently...

costly. humbling. maybe wrong, maybe very wrong. trying and maybe - can they meet?

trying. to even maybe-be-me. a me that's Him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I like the way that you think! Or rather, I enjoy the way you express your thoughts in words, since I'm not telepathic and can't _actually_ know how you think, per se...

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ceri R said...

Emma B - you amaze me! Just when I think I know you....

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi emma

I love your poem. They really speak to just where I am. in the process of slowing down in activity but not in action...

thank you for sharing...

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home